Friday, August 17, 2018

Guest Post: Tex: Dixie Reapers MC #6 by Harley Wylde


Tex -- I made a mistake fifteen years ago, one that could have landed my ass in jail. Instead, I made a deal. I signed away the rights to a child I'd never see, and then I joined the Army, putting the Dixie Reapers and my life in Alabama firmly in my rearview. But now I'm back, and I can't help but wonder what happened to my son or daughter. What I discover makes my blood run cold, and I vow to do anything in my power to save the daughter I've never met. I just didn't count on rescuing two damsels, or that the second one would look at me with haunted eyes that would make me do something stupid. I'd vowed to never let another woman fuck me over. I just hope I don't regret letting Kalani into my home and into my life. She has trouble written all over her.

Kalani -- I've been locked away my entire life. Hillview Asylum looks presentable enough on the outside, but I know firsthand about the horrors inside those walls. I'd always expected I'd die there, until he came. Not that he was coming for me. I've sheltered his daughter, Janessa, as much as possible, and in return I gained her trust and loyalty. I'd have never guessed those two things would save me. Or maybe they didn't, because now I'm faced with a man who makes me want things I shouldn't. His club suggested a marriage of convenience, to keep me out of Hillview, but I want more than just his name. I have no doubt this is going to end with my heart shattered at my feet, but he keeps the nightmares away. For the first time in my entire life, I feel safe. Protected. But now I want more... I want to be loved.


WARNING: Contains strong language, abuse, and other dark elements, as well as explicit sexual content. There is no cheating, no cliffhanger, and a guaranteed HEA.




A Sneak Peek:
The truck came to a stop just outside a metal gate. It slid open, and the truck pulled through. I didn’t know where we were, and I didn’t care, as long as it wasn’t the asylum. Anything was better than being there. They drove down a winding road and stopped in front of a green house. Flicker got out and opened the back door. Tex held me tight as he stepped out of the truck and began carrying me toward the house. Janessa walked at his side.
“Call the doc,” Tex said. “I think they both need to be checked out.”
My body tensed, and I struggled against him. No, no more doctors. Doctors caused pain. I could feel the panic rising inside me, my heart racing and my lungs feeling like they’d seize at any moment.
“Hey, easy,” Tex crooned at me. “No one’s going to hurt you.”
“Doctors do bad things,” Janessa said softly. “Especially to Kalani.”
Tex looked down at me and gave a slight nod. “All right. No doctors. Not for tonight anyway.”
“Where are you going to put them?” Flicker asked. “Only two of the bedrooms are furnished.”
“Kalani and I can share,” Janessa said.
Tex carried me down a short hall and stepped into a blue bedroom. He eased me down onto the bed, and I winced as pain shot through me again. Janessa moved around to the other side of the bed and crawled in next to me. She stayed close, but not near enough that she’d hurt me.
“You’re safe here,” Tex said. “No one can get into the compound without our permission.”
“Who are you?” I asked.
He smiled a little. “We’re Dixie Reapers, and we take care of our own.”
“But I’m not one of you. I don’t belong to anyone.”
He glanced at his daughter. “She thinks you belong to her, and since she’s mine, I guess that makes you mine too.”
A strange warmth worked its way through me at his words. I’d never been anyone’s before, but as his gaze settled on me again, I decided I didn’t mind being called his. With the bedroom lights on, I could see more details of the men who had rescued us. They were each handsome in their own way, but Tex took my breath away. I’d never considered a man attractive before, not when I knew what they were capable of, but these men had risked their lives to save us. And that made them different.



Short. Erotic. Sweet. Harley's other half would probably say those words describe her, but they also describe her books. When Harley is writing, her motto is the hotter the better. Off the charts sex, commanding men, and the women who can't deny them. If you want men who talk dirty, are sexy as hell, and take what they want, then you've come to the right place.



Purchase at Changeling Press or online retailers:







Where to find Harley:





Already a Harley fan? Join the Wyldlings on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/244192023075587/

1 comment:

Harley Wylde said...

Thank you for having me on your blog!