Sunday, June 13, 2010

Cleaning House

So this weekend I've spent a little time looking over my bookshelves and trying to figure out what I was going to get rid of. The need for me to do that was getting a little bit overwhelming because I was stacking books on all open shelves in front of other books. Which is a good thing of course because one can't have too many books. So now I made room for even more books.
Many of the books are ones by my favorite authors, Kelly Armstrong, L.A. Banks, and Mary Ann Mitchell and a few rogues that hubby didn't like. Now to decide what to do with them and what books I want to replace them with. Some are even vampire novels that I've getting rid of which is almost unheard of because I collect vampire books. However, it was time. I've read them a couple of times and now they need to find a new home.

If you haven't guessed, I love books. Although I'm choosy on what I read these days. Lately I've finished reading:
 Burned: A House of Night Novel by PC and Kristen Cast
The Short Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer.

I loved Burned. The Short Life of Bree Tanner was okay. Hey it was reduced on Amazon when I got it so I wasn't arguing the price. I don't regret buying it though. So now my TBR list is nil. I've been so busy writing lately that reading has been a guilty pleasure. I'll be looking over my shelves and thinking about what to reread. I'm thinking Cold Kiss by Roxanne Longstreet or Sunglasses After Dark by Nancy Collins. If you haven't read the Sunglasses After Dark I highly recommend it.

Well now it's back to writing. I'm currently editing Storm Riders book 3. Working on a new book currently entitled Bitten By Love. Not sure if the title will be changing, but we shall see. Have a great idea for a new book that came to me while we were at the baseball game last night. Which was really hot last night. We've been inside all day due to the weather. The dogs are not happy about that of course. They want to run around and play.

The other night we finally saw Avatar. Hubby actually liked it. He's not a sci-fi fan so it was a shock. When it first came out, I asked him if he wanted to see it and he had no interest in blue people. Now he wants to buy it. Go figure. Maybe I can turn him and get him to like X-Men or something along those lines since he's not one for comic book. I doubt it, but we'll see.

This week Storm Riders should be releasing from Aspen Mountain Press. I'll have more details later in the week about the contest that I'm throwing for the release. So stay turned for info. Hope everyone has a good week.

No comments: