Saturday, February 15, 2014

State of the Crymsyn- February Edition

I try.

I really do try to blog about my life, but honestly I think it's boring. Maybe my readers don't, but I suck at blogging. It's one of my many faults. But I don't have much interesting happening to me. I mean no one wants to hear me go on and on about Commercial Property and General Liability Insurance as that is my day job.

Or bore you about the dogs which now number three, my 9 year old Lab Morrigaine, my 6 year old Cadence Lab/Border Collie mix, and my 9 month old English Pointer/mix-we think with whippet- Briar. Between the three of them I am smothered in dog hair and toys. I sit on the couch and all three vie for a spot on me. Briar poor thing was very skittish when we got her from the Humane Society of Charlotte. She's gotten much better but still hates the train, hates any loud truck that goes by the house, and sometimes shies away from me and my husband.  We have no idea what happened to her when we got her. She was four months old so we've had her for 5 1/2 months now. Needless to say, I got her for a companion for Cadence who has tons of energy. Morrigaine has arthritis so she's not into running around much. Sucks to see her get older, but what can you do? So for the trade off of the new dog, my husband got satellite TV so we've come out of the dark ages in that respect. Hehee...now he is glued to the tube watching anything he can on sprint cars. But we all have our poison.

Mine just happens to be writing and hanging out with my fellow writers on our Thursday night shenanigans at Starbucks.
So besides the day job, my dogs, my family which I don't really talk about much, my friends, there's always the psychic side of me which I don't get into. Those days have passed regarding publicly doing readings. I read some, but lately I've just been swamped from writing which I'm not complaining, but it takes tons of time as any author will tell you.

I haven't seen many movies at the theater. I did catch an interesting vampire flick called Byzantium which was entertaining and gave a different spin on the vampire genre. I'm a sucker for vampires of any kind. Another one I've seen is called Kiss of the Damned. It was very artsy and while it was good, the first twenty minutes of it were my favorite. 

Reading wise, well everything I've been reading lately is in for research for a new horror series I have been developing .

I'm proud to announce that this series called Deathly Encounters will be out with Seventh Star Press.
The series is about a woman who finds herself embroiled in the world of grim reapers and what happens to her along the way.  So if you love grim reapers and want to see what happens when one of them turns the world upside down because of a mistake they did ages ago, then you have to check it out. There will be much more to come on this. At the moment, I have the first three books done in the series.

Along with that, I've also been working on two spin off series that are within the grim reaper world, but deal with the other characters in the world. So I've been writing my fingers off.

I have also been signed with Secret Cravings Publishing for my first contemporary novel called Lube It Up coming out later this year. Now writing that was a challenge. I definitely prefer writing paranormal anything better than just straight fiction. I guess that's because I've been used to that most of my life.

So recapping what I have completed and working on so far:

Deathly Encounters Series - Horror
 Death's Dance
 Death's Revival
 Death's Demise- needs to be edited.
 Death's Descent-plotted out

Undertaker Tales- Horror
 A Deathly Undertaking- needs to be edited
 Follow the Ink- started

Hunter Series:-Horror
 Book One-Started

Lube It Up- Contemporary Romance

Untitled Fairy Tale- completed needs to be edited.

Started:
Come and Yeti- Hairy & Hung sequel-MMF-Multiple Partners-Yes there is Bigfoot on Yeti sex as they are the males.
Tales of the Grigori Book 3-MFM
Fur World book 3-MFM

Plotted out:
Reindeer Games- MM(f) not sure on this one yet.


So as you can see I have a lot going on, and my muses are constantly coming up with other things for me to do so I have to put it off as much as I can.

Good new though is that my Gods trilogy will be re-released this year with Purple Sword Publications. I love these books they are pure fun and are so not meant to be taken seriously. I made sure that everything bad that could happen to the heroine would.

That about does it with what I've been up to besides planning the Cons that I'll be attending this year. ConCarolinas May 30-June 1st. Imaginarium in Louisville, KY in Sept with the husband going with me which is a big deal.

Don't forget to check out my latest works that are out now:

Vampire in the Basement
Shifter seduction Boxed Set -  only    $.99                            
Craving Penelope

And if you missed it on Time for Love with Christina Cole here is my recipe for Italian Mac N' Cheese that I shared for a little bit of winter comfort food.


Italian Mac N’ Cheese

1 pound of rotini (my husband likes ziti, but any pasta will do)

1 cup of chicken stock

1 cup of heavy cream

1 can of petite diced tomatoes

1 pound of Italian sausage (I use the links cut up, but ground Italian sausage works too)

1 ½ cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese

1 ½ cups of shredded Parmesan cheese

1 cup of mozzarella cheese

½ cup of bread crumbs

Salt

Pepper

Oregano

1.  Preheat oven to 350 Degrees

2.  Boil 4 quarts of water and cook pasta according to the package directions.

3.  Set pasta aside and drain

4.  Cook and brown Italian sausage.

5.  Pour 1 cup of chicken broth into pot

6.  Pour 1 cup of cream into chicken broth until it bubbles

7.  Add ¾ cup of cheddar and ¾ of a cup of Parmesan, and ½ cup of mozzarella into the cream/broth mixture. Stir until cheese is melted.

8.  Add the pasta, tomatoes, and Italian sausage together and ½ cup of mozzarella cheese

9.  Pour in melted cheese and mix together.

10. Add in salt, pepper, and oregano to taste

11. Pour mixture into 9 x 13 casserole dish

12. Top with reaming cheese and breadcrumbs

13. Bake for 30 minutes

No comments: