Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Back to Reality

What an awesome weekend I had. I think all the pistons in my brain are firing again.
This past Friday - Sunday was ConCarolinas 09 here in Charlotte. It was a great weekend with meeting lots of awesome people and other authors.

Here is a picture of the table on the first day.



I was very excited to see authors Gail Z Martin, Faith Hunted, J.F. Lewis, Marcia Colette, and many more other wonderful writers. The first night I was on a panel talking about Sex in Sci-Fi/Fantasy. The panel was at 11 p.m. so we were all a little punchy. So we dove right into the topic, and then the Klingons next door started to sing karaoke so we had a soundtrack which was awesome because it was so funny.

Saturday was another busy day where I had three panels talking about where have all the vampires gone to, What happens after the writing is done, and also discussing some horror movies later on in the night.

But before that I met some wonderful folks who are with ScareFest; The Horror and Paranormal Convention
Lori Baker, Susan Rummel, and of course Rob the Zombie. Don't let the ladies fool you about Rob, he really is a sweetheart.

I also met Author/Filmmaker Stephen Zimmer who has his first novel out called The Exodus Gate.

While in between panels I met up with Paranormal expert Jonathan Watts who is very cool to hang out with.



On our way back to our respective panels we got stopped by the Klingon Jester. Trust me you don't want to piss him off.



The last day hubby actually came with me to sit and relax some. That was nice of him to do. Of course, the one bell of the Con was Kimberly Alexis who looked awesome in her dress.



It was a long weekend, but well worth it. I look forward to going back next year. I made some wonderful new friends.

2 comments:

sgzimmer said...

Hey Crymsyn, it was great meeting you too! Everyone in our entourage got your books, of course! My sister was stoked about her copy and is going to dive into it pretty shortly.

Crymsyn Hart said...

Well I hope that she likes it. I really appreciate that you all bought my books. I hope you like them.