Saturday, June 28, 2014

The Romance of Horror

 Five years ago I met an author by the name of Stephen Zimmer. He was with this press called Seventh Star Press and they did speculative fiction.  Stephen was a pretty cool dude and we became friends. A couple of years go by and I end up at Fandom Fest in Louisville, KY at one of the.hottest weekends of the year and don't you know it, the AC goes out in the hotel. Needless to say it was a horror. However, Stephen was there manning the booth for Seventh Star and trying to run the literary track and the gaming track, too, if I remember correctly. We talked some when we could and he needed some help that weekend so I manned the table and got the first hand experience of seeing just how cool Seventh Star was.

It was then I knew I wanted to write for them. Now all I needed was a story.
And it wasn't going to be romance either. It had to be something that got me back to the roots of what I started writing.
Horror it was.
In high school and through college, I wrote horror or some fantasy. The first series I wrote is more horror with erotic and romantic elements woven through the storyline. Nevertheless, my very first publisher seemed the series to be erotic, paranormal romance, which it is not, and there it has stayed ever since.
In most of my books there is darker element. While I enjoy writing romance, I'm a little burnt out on it. So while thinking of the story to write for Seventh Star, I kept on romanticizing the horror until the idea of Death's Dance was born.While it grew I worked on other things until I had the plot down and I agonized over writing it. Four drafts later, I had a book and a year and a half had passed.
So I sent in a proposal for a series to Seventh Star and waited. And waited. But while the months passed, I wrote books 2 & 3 of the series with a fourth one metastasizing in my head.
And then the day came, I got my acceptance and it made for an early Christmas present of 2013. It was a great day, but the even greater day was seeing my book finally come out. I'm always proud when one of my books is released into the world. But I am extremely proud that Death's Dance is out now. It took a lot out of me to write the book and I hope it will be well received by those who pick it up and read it.

The plot originally started with one question, what would happen if you accepted a dance from death?

What do you think would happen?


Blurb:

Being a psychic, you would think talking to the dead was a walk in the park. However, it’s not always that simple. The hooded specter haunting me is one I’ve been dreaming about since I was a kid. One day, he appeared in my bedroom mirror. Good. Evil. I don’t know what his true intentions are.

Enter Jackson, ghost hunting show host extraordinaire, and my ex, to save me from the big bad ghost.

From there…well…it’s been a world wind of complications. My house burnt down. I’m being stalked by an ancient evil and gotten myself back into the world of being a ghost hunting psychic. Jackson dragged me, along with a few other psychics, to a ghost town wiped off the map called Death’s Dance.

From there things went from bad to worse. 

Buy Links:

Amazon          KOBO


No comments: