Friday, March 20, 2009

New Release: A Taste of Darkness @ Amira Press




BUY

BLurb
Tricia has lusted after Zander, but he never let’s her get close. Fed up, she walks out of his life for good.

Zander keeps Tricia at bay because the beast within him wants to rip her throat out and paint her bedroom in blood. Finally, he gives into his desires, trying to mend the rift between them. Little does he know, Tricia is falling for her boss, Kevin.

Kevin hates Zander but will do whatever it takes to keep Tricia. Having a relationship with two vampires is harder than Tricia ever imagined. Especially when neither of them are what they seem.

Excerpt

I smiled, showing her my fangs. I leaned in again, capturing her lips with mine. She might have been afraid, but she kissed me with sheer abandon. I gripped one of her breasts kneading it. Through her T-shirt the nipple hardened against my palm. I released her lips. Tricia’s gaze didn’t leave mine. Her breathing intensified. Her heart sounded like a base drum to my sensitive ears. If she wanted to run, she could have. There was an opening. I released her breast scraping my nails down the fabric of her shirt and over her left thigh. I pressed my nails into her flesh working my way up her leg to the boundary of her panties. I licked the side of her throat. Her longing had spiced her flesh and made it taste minty. “You taste so good, Tricia. One bite and I can eat you up. Do you want that?”

Tricia had begun to shake. Lust had her in its grip. My fingers traced the line of her panties. With one swipe, I could release her desire and claim her for my own. She would feel so good. “Please,” she whispered.

I kissed her cheek and took away my other arm. She wouldn’t go anywhere. If she did, I could catch her. Part of me hungered for her to run. If Tricia did, then she’d be wonderful to hunt. “Please what? Isn’t this what you wanted? Didn’t you want to see what I was? Here I am before you.”

A tear rolled down her cheek. “You know it’s not, Zander. Stop toying with me.”

I caught her lip between mine. “But this is what I am, Tricia. This is me. Who says that I’m playing.” My palm crept over the flat terrain of her stomach. I lowered my tongue to her neck. I drew back my lips, reading to strike. Her pulse boiled underneath her skin. “Then what do you want? I can fuck you as you’ve desired. I can suck you. I can do so many things to you. Tell me what you want, Tricia.” I growled.

“I-I don’t know. Not like this.”

“But I can taste your desire. I know you can feel mine.” I caught one of her wrists guiding it to the bulge in my jeans.

I hissed when she began caressing it through the fabric. I brought my teeth down on her neck. Regular human teeth. She cried out and I felt the wetness of her tears. I didn’t draw blood even though it took all my control not to. Her back arched off the wall. There was pleasure laden with fear in her moan. Sucking hard on her flesh, I licked the spot where I would strike. Tricia pressed herself against me. Her friction of her hand rubbing on the fabric across my cock drove me to the edge. I licked her neck again and backed off her. I gripped her windowsill with my back to her. It cracked. I heard the grating of her flesh sliding down on the rough wall. Her heart thundered in my ears shouting at me to drink her dry. The beast in my veins demanded I feed since I had let it out. In my three hundred years, I’d done some horrible things and they had been wonderful. I closed my eyes against the memories of the blood baths blooming behind my eyes and I could easily see Tricia’s walls spattered in crimson speckles.

No comments: