Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Inevitable

Death is inevitable. It happens to everyone. It's a part of nature.

And it hurts like hell.

Sometimes I have to remind myself that I am part of the human condition.
What I mean by that is I try to stay balanced between what I believe in and me personaly. Kinda like dealing with everyone and everything around me with a positive attitude and then remembering that oh crap I have my own life to deal with.

I guess that's the easist way to explain it. I don't know. It probably sounds like I'm rambling. I guess I'm just working through things with my grandfather's death. We all knew this was coming considering the detoriating state of his health, but it's always a shock to the system.

I had been back to work from vk only about 20 minutes or so when I got the call saying that my grandfather had passed away. It was expected and shocking at the same time, but I had almost expected the call that morning. I stayed the whole day and now have plans to fly home until next Wen. until after the service. My boss tells me to grieve  which I am, but I've cried enough I think. So now I just think back and try to hold it together.

Death hits everyone in a different ways. Something always good comes out of it in the end. My grandfather isn't suffering anymore. He's in a better place. Etc. There are many things to be said. I have no dear of death so one day I know I'll see him again. Now we deal with his loss and celebrate his life.

No comments: